restarting

Russell Mercer rmercer206 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 16:10:40 EDT 2010

Rob,

To build on what Maf. said, I have something similar.  I have pretax
income moved to a 401k plan.  At the end of the year, I want to be
able to see how much pretax income I had, and how much after tax
income I had.  Under income, I have A header for Salary, then a
sub-account for taxable and non-taxable.

My account with the same $100 income and 10% contribution to 401k, and
10% tax would be as follows:

Income:Salary:Non-Taxable:  $10
Income:Salary:Taxable:         $90
Asset:401k:                         $10
Expenses:Tax                        $9
Bank:Checking:                    $81

This is also useful because at the end of the year, I like to compare
my paycheck to Gnucash to make sure that the taxable income matches.
It is an extra step, but can be useful.

Russell