How do you pronounce Gnu-Cash?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Jul 9 07:49:25 EDT 2010

On Friday 09 July 2010 12:12:47 Aleksandr wrote:

> Well, how is it pronounced?

Hi,

In English, a Gnu (Guh-noo, rhymes with canoe) is a type of Bison/Buffalo, and
when I first heard of the GNU project, I assumed the same pronunciation.
(have a hunt for a sound clip of the nonsense song, "I'm a Gnu, how do you
do?" - by Flanders & Swann - if you want an idea of how it should sound)

I've always pronounced GNU projects with a hard G - same for Gnumeric and
Gnome, (in the open software context, not mythical "little people")

0.02 of whatever currency you choose.

Maf.