Help on opening accounts

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 15:59:27 EDT 2010

Editor Linda--

You need to give a little more detail:

What operating system are you on (I will guess it is some version of Windows)? Your mention of lost preferences was a problem that many Windows users have reported; unfortunately, since my OS realms are OS X and Ubuntu, my eyes have glazed over when Windows users have had troubles.

If I had to guess, I'd say your permissions are not correct, and since the preferences aren't getting saved, neither is the last file used setting, which usually results in Gnucash starting with the last file you opened.

David