Double entry accounting with "double entry statement import"

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 15:14:51 EDT 2010

In my experience, if you import each account's OFX file separately, the second OFX will match to the existing transaction. This is because the "two" transactions in the separate OFX files are really two sides of a single transaction in Gnucash.

As I understand it, OFX files commonly are for single accounts (I couldn't tell whether that is in the OFX spec at www.ofx.net).

HTH,
David

P.S. -- Please try and follow the suggestion at the top of the Digest you receive:

than "Re: Contents of gnucash-user digest..."

Thanks.