Double entry accounting with "double entry statement import"

Paweł Zając pavzaj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 02:52:25 EDT 2010

"In my experience, if you import each account's OFX file separately, the
second OFX will match to the existing transaction. This is because the "two"
transactions in the separate OFX files are really two sides of a single
transaction in Gnucash."

I'd love to have these files imported this way. I know that "the "two"
transactions in the separate OFX files are really two sides of a single
transaction in Gnucash", but how to make GnuCash to know that? These "two"
transactions have the same date and the same amount, but one is credit, and
one is debit, and they have different names/memos. In my case Gnucash
doesn't recognize it as two sides of the same transaction... Or maybe the
ofx files I have are somehow incomplete.