Debit a 'Checking Account' Only

James Kerr jim at jkerr82508.free-online.co.uk
Mon Jul 19 09:38:26 EDT 2010

> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "b4wt"
> > <miztiik+gnucash at gmail.com> To: <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
> > Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 6:05 PM
> > Subject: Debit a 'Checking Account' Only
> >
> >> I have created a expenses account and made lot of entires with
> >> "Imbalance"
> >> as the debit account [ Probably another newbie mistake ]. Now i
> >> want all these entries to be debited from another account say
> >> 'Checking Account'
> >>
> >> Is there any simpler way of doing this rather than manually
> >> modifying each
> >> transaction, Say all transactions under this account debit from
> >> 'Checking Account'

If you delete the Imbalance Account you will be asked to which account
the transactions should be moved. Before doing so, make certain that
all the  Imbalance items actually do belong in the checking account.
(I've never done this, but I think it will work. Make sure that you
have a backup of your file "just in case".)

Jim