File Name Length .xac & .log

jomali jomali3945 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 11:13:02 EDT 2010

You don't say which operating system you use, but I think the file structure
is the same for all systems. The .xac files are the last backup before the
latest save. Tell you daughter to send you a copy of the latest saved file
(e.g., instead of My_file.xxxx.xxx.xxx.xac, send My_file with no extension).
I think the multiple .xac's come from opening a .xac file for editing
instead of the last saved file. It seems to me that your daughter is
mis-using gnucash.

Jomali