Reports

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sat Jul 24 17:19:52 EDT 2010

On Friday 23 July 2010 19:26:17 Dick Smith wrote:
> I am at a loss to understand reports in GNUCash.  I'd like to be able to
> print a "register" report for the current year.  I need to look at all of
> the transactions to see where I might have entered duplicate transactions.
> I cannot seem to keep GNUCash in sync with my back account.  GC almost
> always shows a negative balance compared with my on-line accounts.
>
> Is there clearer documentation of the report process or how do I go about
> just getting a simple register report?

Hi Dick,

May I answer your question in two ways?

To get a printed list of the transactions in any given account, open that
register view and then go Reports->Account Report.  There are a few options
that you can apply to the report once it has been generated - click
the "Options" tool button.  If you want to adjust the date range, you must do
this to the register *before* you run the report - View->Filter By.... [date
tab].

The other view that I have on this relates to your duplicates etc.  I suggest
that you have a go at reconciling the account in question against whatever
statement your bank can provide you with.  The process is covered in the
docs, chapter 5.8 or see
http://svn.gnucash.org/docs/help/acct-reconcile.html - that should show up
duplicate txns in a straightforward way (and let you remove them!).

HTH,
Maf.