PTO in GnuCash?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 18:14:32 EDT 2010

Another way such time might have value is for people whose accrued PTO is used at retirement to calculate benefits.

While I too can't speak for the OP, I know that in my job I fill out my time card at the end of the month, and when I write my PTO in, I have to ensure that I actually have the time stored up to take. Of course, that information is listed on my pay stub from the beginning of the month, and I never remember what the exact numbers are. So I'm always guessing.

It never occurred to me to use GnuCash to track this, but I might. If I were to do this, maybe I would treat PTO as a privately traded stock that accrues monthly. Then I'd deduct used time to a special expense account. I am sure there's something wrong with this, no doubt.

David