Information for tax returns

Berni Elbourn berni at elbournb.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 06:03:44 EDT 2010

Hi,

Gnucash 2.2.9 here. In first year I was able to use the account summary
to produce the information my accountant needs for the return. All good.

Now in third year trying to get information about year two - the account
summary is no good because it includes numbers for previous
transactions. I have tried the transaction report, and tax reports but
the problem there is that some invoices are showing but were not paid in
that trading year.

Is there some way easy way to bend the account summary report to include
a start date? This would be perfect.

Or is there some way to remove the invoiced but not paid in year entries
from the other reports?

By the way: I got close to something nice by using the transaction
report on the current account - choosing to show the "other account
name" which shows the right description but the accounts are not sorted.
Choosing a primary key of "other account names" results in a Report
error - An error occured while running the report. Turning off the
primary subtotal produces the report. Doh - subtotals are needed.

Berni