MT940

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jun 8 11:46:49 EDT 2010

On Jun 8, 2010, at 8:15 AM, Sandra Drakes wrote:

> HI,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me.  I am able to save the file now.  But I am still not able to import mt940.  I have followed the instructions in the previous posts but nothing works.  I still get a blank page when I import the file.
>
> I have seen that there is mention of recompiling once you make a change.   I simply downloaded the .dmg file and copied it to my applications folder. How is recompiling  done or where do I find out how it's done (in language that a novice to open source can understand).

No need to recompile in this case, just restart Gnucash so that it can re-read the data file.

The edit mentioned earlier was for a particular bank, ABN-Amro. Is that your bank? If not, there might be some other work-around or edit needed. Martin's the expert on that, so I'll shut up now.

Regards,
John Ralls