Quicken Files Import

Kent Mechem kentmech at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 15:19:29 EDT 2010

I have installed GNU-Cash in my Mint Linux operation system and want to
import my Quicken files from my Windows operating system.  According to
the information I see this is supposed to be able to be done.  The file
extension mentioned in the information is .QIF as the Quicken file that
can be imported into GNU-Cash.  My version of Quicken (2008) does not
have those file extensions.  I have QDF, QEL, QPH.  I tried changing the
QDF extension to QIF to see this would trigger and import, no such luck!

Question:  I might not be clear as to the file extension QIF being
Quicken extension or the download data file from the bank.  Is the QIF
file extension for both the Quicken and the download from the bank?  Why
does my Quicken not have the QIF extension?

Thanks so much,
Kent Mechem