Mac upgrade, "There was an error parsing the file ..."

David Dannemiller DPDannemiller at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 12 14:36:36 EDT 2010

> On Jun 12, 2010, at 12:47 PM, M Prindle wrote:
>
> With the older versions GC I've also heard that you need to delete the scheduled tasks from the old version and then open it in the new version.
>
> Mike

I ran across indications of this is old posts, but also found a post in the gnucash-announce list dated 7/15/2007, emphasis mine:

*Data file notice*: In version 2.1.2 the format for scheduled
      transactions in the data file was changed. Files using the old
      format will be read without problems by this new version, but the
      new version of GnuCash only writes the new format. The new file
      format cannot be loaded by older versions of GnuCash.

So shouldn't GnuCash upgrade the file to the new format?

David Dannemiller