Mac upgrade, "There was an error parsing the file ..."

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jun 13 00:11:47 EDT 2010

On Jun 12, 2010, at 3:48 PM, David T. wrote:

> You can find tarballs for older versions of Gnucash at:
>
> http://www.gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/sources/stable/
>
> Unfortunately, you'd have to compile that for yourself, and I can't really help you there. I used to use Fink to install Gnucash on OS X, but I don't know how you'd install the older version using Fink. Macports is another option, although again, I don't know how you'd install the older version.
>
> This all reminds me to send out a BIG ongoing "Thank you" to John Ralls, who has made it possible for OS X users simply to download the big bad Gnucash application disk image and install it all in one easy step.

You're welcome.

It should in theory be possible to build a Gnucash 2.0 tarball with Gtk-OSX, though it would be a bit of work to get the right versions of all of the dependencies set up. It would probably be easier to do it in one of the more conservative Linux distros (RHEL 5 comes to mind...). You could use VMWare or Parallels to do it on a Mac.

Regards,
John Ralls