Invoice Importer

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Sun Jun 13 17:54:48 EDT 2010

On Sunday June 13 2010 21:45:32 Munroe Sollog wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:35:30 +0100, Mike Evans <mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk>
>
> wrote:
>
> into

> have

> and

> pull

> would

> application

> though

> >> Hi Sebastian
> >>
> >> I've got the import format figured out, I just got initially scared by
> >> the
> >> regex.
> >> Mike E
> >
> > New patch seems to work fine.
>
> Excellent.  Does this mean it can be merged into gnucash before 2.4, or
> does the string freeze prevent that?

Really not sure.  It's not my code, it's Sebastian's, although I have a patch
for it to fix some minor issues.  I think it could be further augmented to give
more flexibility too.  As a user I can write a script to massage any sales
application exports to suit the format.  I guess the string freeze will be an
issue too as, it would need the strings to be made translatable and accepted
into trunk.  Again, not my code even though it's GPL.  It has a fixed csv field
sequence so may not be universally useful.  I have no idea whether Sebastian
wants it included in the build, or whether the devel team want it included, or
whether my patches (unfinished) to the patch are acceptable.  I suggest you try
it out and mail here with your views.  That presupposes that you are able to
compile from sources.  Use a backup data file for testing obviously.

It's written as a plugin and  I'm not sure if plugins are part of the core
code or what the procedure is for including them is, although it does require
changes to configure and some makefiles.

Personally I was more looking for purchase order input.  I buy electronic
components, mechanical parts etc. and I wanted a way to export, say Farnell's
or RS's order form into GnuCash.  With a little editing and a translation
script Sebastian's code should do that too.  Not for stock control, just for
auditing purposes.  He's done most of the work, just needs a tweaking a bit.

Mike E

--
GPG Key: 1024D/050895C2
Keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/