Unreconciled transactions?

jcard21 xxxxxxx jcard21+gnucash at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 06:04:06 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 20:16, Nick Hasser <nick.hasser at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 6 transactions with dates varying back to 2008 that I believe should
> be reconciled, but are not marked as such. I just finished reconciling all
> my accounts as of 31 May 2010. The balances are all accurate as of that
> date, but these 6 transactions keep showing up in the list of unreconciled
> transactions when I reconcile one particular account. I'm assuming I screwed
> something up and unreconciled them at some point in the past, but I don't
> know how or when.
>
> How can I safely get these 6 transactions marked as reconciled as they
> should be?
>
> -nick

Here are 2 cases that could cause this...

1) Are the txns in the wrong account? Sometimes I add a txn to my
CreditCard account when it should be in my Cash/Wallet account.
SOLUTION: Move the txns to the correct account.

2) Are the txns duplicates? (With the same or different amounts.)
Maybe a txn was added twice by mistake; one was reconciled; the other
remained outstanding. SOLUTION: Delete the duplicate txns.

--
jcard21