Opening my accounts over a network

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jun 19 14:53:32 EDT 2010

On Jun 18, 2010, at 12:44 AM, doug1953s at gmail.com wrote:

> I have two computers that can connect via sshfs.
> The account files are kept on one computer and
> most of the work is done there, however I want
> to be able to connect from my laptop
> so that I can update accounts on the run.
>
> When I open GNUCash from the laptop it wants to
> make new accounts.
>
> Is there a way to open the correct file
> on the home computer.
> (I can access all my directories and files as
> if they were locally mounted)

That may be, but users have reported troubles in the past with files on remote filesystems, even when mounted locally.  However, it sounds like you haven't gotten that far. What happens when you try to open the file explicitly (i.e., File>Open, navigate to the appropriate directory, select the account file (not an .xac or .log!), and click on "Open"?

Regards,
John Ralls