Opening my accounts over a network

allan allane at spinn.net
Sat Jun 19 15:35:13 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a samba export of the gnucash data directory from a home server which connects two laptops (not at the same time)
running NT2000 and Ubuntu. We have not experienced any problems save for when gnucash is open and the OS crashes which
leaves a lock file; the lock file is easily removed by either client. Point is: remote file service connections work for
us without problems. The only caveat I see is the file service must be connected prior to invoking gnucach else it will
ask to create a new data file. We have found it is best to close gbucash at that point, connect up then restart gnucash.
No prolems.

Peace,
Allan Emord