Workflow for recording sales to be invoiced later.

cognitive.libertarian+ml at gmail.com cognitive.libertarian+ml at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 12:15:00 EDT 2010

* Tim Uckun <timuckun at gmail.com> [2010-06-23 16:49]:
> I want to do the following.
>
> Record a sale for a customer. Maybe a few days later record another
> sale for the same customer etc.  At the end of the month I want to
> generate invoices for the customers that I have sold things to.
> Ideally I would be able to automatically email the customers their
> invoices. As a fallback I would like to print all the invoices
> (hopefully to a PDF printer so I can email them manually).
>
> How do I go about doing something like this?

There is a perl script out in the wild called gc2latex.pl.  This
script will read your gnucash invoices from your gc data file, and
generate a very well presented invoice in LaTeX code, which can then
be converted to PDF using pdflatex.  Since it's all commandline
driven, you can easily script it to email the PDFs automatically.

You could even password the PDFs automatically by scripting a call to
pdftk.

It's a good approach if you are comfortable with LaTeX and shell
programming.  If not, you're probably in for some pain.

-----
Reply etiquette: Please respect the mail-followup-to header and reply
only to the list.  Avoid using Reply-All so that list members do not
receive duplicates.  Thank you.