gnucash 2.2.9 for Fedora 13

Stephen J. Gowdy gowdy at cern.ch
Wed Jun 23 18:14:46 EDT 2010

Hi All,
 	So earlier today (on the gnucash-user list) I asked if I should
actually use 2.3.13 that came with Fedora 13. Reading between the lines I
think the answer was it should be fine but it is a development release so
you are on your own if things go wrong.
 	So I tried taking the SRPM from Fedora 12 and building it. THe
only problem was with gnc-html-graph-gog. I tried applying a patch from
SVN but that was obviously from a later version of gnucash and that didn't
apply well;

http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/18066

I also tried using the latest version of these files, again no joy. I then
found this patch;

http://www7.frugalware.org/pub/frugalware/frugalware-1.2/source/gnome-extra/gnucash/goffice_0-8_support.patch

 	It seems to just remove this the use of this file while also
allowing it to compile for some reason. gnucash starts up fine with this
but doesn't produce graphs. I guess that is expected and actually okay for
me as I don't use the graphs very often (willing to wait for 2.4.0 to get
that feature back).
 	So, the question is would you agree this is a safe patch to use?
Is it worth putting up the gnucash RPMs/SRPM somewhere?

 						regards,

 						Stephen.

--
|Stephen J. Gowdy                     | CERN       Office: 8-1-11|