Report customization nightmare

David Eisner deisner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 17:53:34 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Eric A wrote:
> I may he wrong, but I think most report requests could be summarized as, "I
> want it to work like quickbooks."

OK.  Here's the spec for a new programming language, GRL (pronounced
"Girl").   Originally GRL stood for "GnuCash Report Language" (about
20 seconds ago), but now the developers prefer to refer to it as just
GRL.  It has one (case-sensitive) statement:

  INSERT QUICKBOOKS REPORT SET;

This statement adds the reports available in QuickBooks.  Now we just
need to implement GRL.  What language should we use to implement it?
:^)

-David