How to View transactions prior to "Close Books"?

alavarre alavarre at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 10:42:03 EST 2010

%-|

Well, major Twilight Zone. I woke up this AM, rebooted, and hello! the file
now shows all transactions!

Maybe it was the reboot? Maybe it was the month change? Who knows...

I HAD resigned myself to a hack, so created a new user "gnucash" and used it
to open the file as a user (not root), the plan being that I would use that
user to employ the file until I figured out the solution.

The file *did open for user "gnucash" showing all transactions but still did
not show older transactions when opened by user "andy".

What I was surmising is that there is a table in the file itself listing its
status for different users.

But whatever, it now shows all the transactions.

But if there IS a proper protocol, I'd still love to know what it is. In the
meantime I won't touch "Close Books" again...

TIA, Andy