Two questions about UK VAT layout and Invoice report layout

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 12:48:50 EST 2010

On Sunday February 28 2010 11:24:18 ds4 wrote:
> http://n4.nabble.com/file/n1572581/Intuit.pdf Intuit.pdf
>
> I've uploaded a sample invoice used in Quickbook 2008. Just wonder how best
> to configure fancy invoice part of GnuCash to produce a simlar layout.
>
> My next  question (Which I think was asked before).
>
> Howto setup gnucash  to automatically calculate vat, and put the VAT value
> in the correct column.
>
> For example, (like in Quicken 5). I type in the gross value for payment.
> The VAT is calulated and added to the VAT column.
You need to check the 'Tax Included?' box in the invoice item line.  At my
screen resolution it's the second column headed 'Ta', if you expand the column
you'll see the full heading.  You have to have set up the tax rate beforehand
and select the appropriate tax in the invoice.

--
GPG Key: 1024D/050895C2
Keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/