Invoice API

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Tue Mar 2 12:08:59 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>> I know Python pretty well, and could do that myself.  But I've tried
>> to build GnuCash from source several times.  I've been a coder for
>> twenty-two years, so long that there is no longer any kind of code
>> that frightens me - with the exception of GnuCash.
>
> What OS/Distro do you use?  Building GnuCash is pretty darn easy nowadays!

Mac OS X.  Therein lay the root of my problem; GnuCash could be gotten
to work on OS X, but few if any of the dependencies were Mac-native.
Quite often their ports from Linux to OS X were incomplete; quite
often, the dependencies simply wouldn't build.

I only started to use GnuCash in a serious way when someone was able
to document a reliable procedure for building the Quartz GnuCash from
the MacPorts sources.

I have since moved over to Linux more or less full-time now.  I have a
Fedora 11 box, and will - perhaps even today - put Ubuntu Karmic Koala
on my MacBook Pro.  From now on my intention is to use OS X when I
specifically have to, say to develop OS X software.  Aside from that,
I think after all of these years I am finally ready to Cross Over Into
The Light.

If you think I could build GnuCash on either Fedora 11 or Ubuntu 9.10
without too awful much pain, then maybe I can set up that Python
interface to the Invoice API.  It would be fun to try.

Don Quixote
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote at dulcineatech.com