Invoice API

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Tue Mar 2 12:57:20 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:50 AM, John Ralls
<jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us> wrote:
> The (very highly automated) procedure for building a Gnucash app bundle which uses Quartz (the native windowing system) instead of X11 is at http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/Quartz.

I spent about four years trying to build GnuCash on the Mac.  Not
continuously; perhaps once or twice a year.

I was very excited when I saw that Quartz support had been
implemented.  It turned out that by then most of the build problems
had been corrected as well.

I was able to get it to build after I manually applied some patch.  I
don't recall now what it was, but I'm sure that it's not necessary
anymore.

The only trouble I ever have with Gnucash on the Mac is that the text
insertion point often doesn't work correctly in the date or currency
amount fields.  If I click in a certain place, I can backspace, but I
cannot use the arrow key to move the cursor without deleting.  So on
the Mac I always had to be careful how I clicked into those fields.
I've never had that problem on Linux.

But once I got a working Quartz GnuCash, I never again tried to
rebuild it.  Quite likely that text selection problem has since been
fixed.

Don Quixote
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha