How do I import OFX files?????

Bob Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Tue Mar 2 22:07:58 EST 2010

I'm running GC 2.2.9 on Opensuse 11.2.

I've been running GC now for about five years and always wanted to be able to
import my accounts from my credit union. I've never been able to.

My credit union, Coastal Community lets me download files in the following
formats:

Simply Accounting produces a file called statement.ofx
Microsoft Money produces a file called statement.ofx
PDF produces a file called statement.pdf
CSV produces a file called statement.csv
Quickbooks produces a file called statement.qbo
Quicken produces a file called statement.qfx

I create a new GC file called Bob&Betty with empty accounts.
I import one of the files called statement.ofx

I get a pop up window called generic import transaction matcher. It's EMPTY!

What am I supposed to match to what?

I've looked for documentation and only see references to QIF format files. GC,
however, talks about QIF, OFX/QFX, MT940, MT942, DTAUS, etc.

Is there some documentation elsewhere I can use to figure out what is going
on?

Thanks, Bob.

PS. Talking to Credit Union staff about this is absolutely useless they simply
don't want to know about any of this.
Robert Smits Email bob at rsmits.ca