How do I import OFX files?????

M Prindle mprindle at pobox.com
Wed Mar 3 00:16:17 EST 2010

On 3/2/2010 10:47 PM, Bob Smits wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 March 2010 08:01:11 pm M Prindle wrote:
>
>> Sry... For that reply, my mind was in other world.
>>
>> Your getting the OFX from your bank?  When you go to import the first
>> time you should get a window to pick which account.  After that there
>> should be transactions to select.  Is this where it's blank?
>>
>> Mike
>>
> Yes, Mike, I'm downloading the .ofx file from, in this case, my credit union.
>
> After I download it, and click on file, import OFX/QFX, a window pops up but
> it is completely blank.  Doesn't recognize anything.
>
> Yet when I open the .ofx file with Kwrite I can see that there is data in the
> file.
>
> These are the first few lines of the file.
>
> OFXHEADER:100
> DATA:OFXSGML
> VERSION:102
> SECURITY:TYPE1
> ENCODING:USASCII
> CHARSET:1252
> COMPRESSION:NONE
> OLDFILEUID:NONE
> NEWFILEUID:NONE
>
> <OFX>
>   <SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
>
> Thanks, Bob

I looked at one of my QFX import files and it looks almost exactly the
same format.  Do you happen to have another account with another bank or
possibly a Credit Card account that you can get a QFX or OFX from?  If
are able to get one from some place else and it works, it's possible
that there is some issue in the structure they are using.

I personally use the quicken QFX format with GC and haven't had a issue
under 2.2.9.  That maybe worth a try.

Mike