Profit and Loss statement/Income and expense report has some amounts on the wrong side - debits & credits

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 4 09:06:28 EST 2010

Raizel Lieman <raizel.lieman80 at gmail.com> writes:

> On 3/2/2010 11:24 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Raizel Lieman<raizel.lieman80 at gmail.com>  writes:
>>

>>> Profit and Loss statement/Income and expense report has some amounts
>>> on the wrong side - debits&  credits. Is there something wrong with
>>> the entries? How do I correct it so that the report should be
>>> accurate?
>>>
>> Sounds like you entered some transaction backwards... Or you have some
>> accounts set to the wrong type.  The report itself works fine with good
>> data.

>> -derek
>>

> I followed the basic outline for the 5 main accounts and the accounts
> for Assets. I basically did the rest according to what I thought made
> sense. Is there a tutorial or documentation on this?

Have you read the Concepts and Tutorial Guide?

Make sure you have the debits and credits correct.  As I said, the
report works fine for me with my data.  Maybe post an example of the
report that looks wrong and a copy of your register that shows your
data?