Gnucash internet connection in windows

Rolf Endres endresr at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 7 05:50:33 EST 2010

Dear list,

I have been installing the latest versions of the unstable release for the last few months.

At some point in time both my online banking and my online price retrieval stopped working.

- Manual, command line entry of price retrieval works, but not through Gnucash - nothing
happens in the  black download screen that normally runs in the background
- Online banking, setting up a new accounts, fails when Gnucash tries to download the SSL
certificate; it appears to be unable to connect to (different) HBCI servers.

Are there any settings / add on modules/programmes that I may have uninstalled or need to
reinstall? I have tried complete reinstalls (including deleting all user settings files), to no avail.
I have also reinstalled openssl, although I do not believe that is required?

Regards,
Rolf