GnuCash file not viewable

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 8 16:00:59 EST 2010

On 8 March 2010 18:59, am65 <amarquez65 at yahoo.es> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to have a view to the GnuCash main file. My Ubuntu says it is a
> zipped file, but when I try to uncompress it raises an error and does
> nothing.
>
> I wanted to have a view to the XML to check if I could somehow load the data
> into a relational database, but I can't open the view as text I think that
> is a bit complicated.

Go into Edit, Preferences, General and clear the Compress files
checkbox.  Then saving the file will result in a plain text xml file.

Alternatively you might like to have a look at the new version 2.3.x
which is under development.  It can save the data as an sqlite, mysql
or postgresql database.

Colin L