2.2.9 becoming unstable

Steve snijuniper at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 18:19:52 EST 2010

GC 2.2.9 (r17949 02-23),, Windows XP now does not work at all. I tried
using it to open an older saved data file on a flash  drive but the same
problems happened - it freezes now when I try to do almost anything. I
used "Add-Remove Programs" to remove GC completely, then downloaded and
did a complete reinstall but there was no improvement. All of my
personal and business data is now unavailable. I have had no other
trouble with this quite new netbook computer or with Windows XP -
everything else works fine. I know little about the workings of
computers so have not attempted or made any changes of any kind to GC or
even to Windows for that matter. Tax time is about here and I do need my
data! I did note that what I downloaded and installed seems to be the
same version as what I removed. I've been using GC without notable
problem for quite a few years. Thank you.

Steve J