accounting question with GC:multiple DBA self types of business very small amounts

trythis grahamlane at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 02:03:10 EST 2010

So, I make little bits of money doing several different things. Not enough to
open different bank accounts for each type of work.

A couple hundred bucks from construction, sell a piece of my art, teach
someone privately for an hour or two, etc.

It may be 12 different classifications of work adding up to 6 or 7k each
year.  I am not going to set up 12 Gnucash accounts that all share the same
bank account.  Rental property for one year (still not much money)

I am looking at setting up
expense accounts for each business
Exp: bus 1
Exp: Bus 2
Exp: Bus 3

Inc: Bus 1
etc., each having proper sub accounts.
Reporting is a little tedious to set up, but I don't mind once a year.

Seem like a decent way to go? Or should I just make one global business
account. Like a Sole Proprietor Conglomerate for tax reporting.

Thanks