Using bank exports (CSV, QIF,...) to avoid the overhead that comes from processing bills

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 11:58:03 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 2:47 AM, Tom Van Braeckel
<tomvanbraeckel at gmail.com> wrote:
> My question is: What are you other business users doing to (partially)
> automate their MKB workflow ?
> What do you think about my idea, or what other approaches would you suggest
> ?

Not sure if I'm adding anything but if I understand correctly, MKB is
if YOU are running a business, but from your transactions it looks
like you're just managing a regular checkbook/credit cards/savings
account type stuff.  Bills from the MKB perspective are bills that YOU
send to other people, not bills that you pay.  (somebody correct me if
I'm horribly wrong)

I like the idea of directly importing the transactions that includes
the opposing entry already, though.  That's pretty cool.  I wish I
could figure out a way to do my paychecks like that.  It would end up
a 10 or 11 split transaction with all the crap on it, though.

--
Eric Ladner