Using bank exports (CSV, QIF,...) to avoid the overhead that comes from processing bills

Tom Van Braeckel tomvanbraeckel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 02:22:48 EST 2010

> Not sure if I'm adding anything but if I understand correctly, MKB is
> if YOU are running a business, but from your transactions it looks
> like you're just managing a regular checkbook/credit cards/savings
> account type stuff.  Bills from the MKB perspective are bills that YOU
> send to other people, not bills that you pay.  (somebody correct me if
> I'm horribly wrong)

Perhaps it wasn't all to clear from my examples, but I am indeed running the
business.
The split transaction (the second example) was a business transaction.

> I like the idea of directly importing the transactions that includes
> the opposing entry already, though.  That's pretty cool.  I wish I
> could figure out a way to do my paychecks like that.  It would end up
> a 10 or 11 split transaction with all the crap on it, though.

Indeed, that script for adding the opposing entry works pretty good, I'd be
happy to mail it if you're interested.
I'm still just testing it for business transactions (invoices and bills)
though, because I'm reluctant to give up the MKB functionality...