Opening File

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 13 15:37:23 EST 2010

I recently saved my 2009 file with past history to a new file name to
start 2010 transactions and preserve the 2009 and prior data.  Now when
I open Gnucash it opens the old file and I have to go through the steps
of opening the new file.  I also notice the new file is not listed with
other saved files under the file menu.  After I go open the new file
everything is fine and the new data entered and saved is complete as far
as I know.  What am I doing wrong?  Previously when I saved to a new
file it has always opened the last used file.
I am using version 2.2.9 on Windows XP.
Thanks for any solution you can offer on this problem.
Mike