RSS

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 16 11:36:40 EDT 2010

am65 wrote:
> I think it would be a good idea if somehow RSS feeds where enabled for this
> forum.

I do not care if it is or not, but I would not use it.

> Of course all updates to the forum are sent to the email inbox, but as I
> guess most of the users do the email I have configured for this forum is one
> that I check only once a week more or less (I don't want to have everyday
> 100 new emails from the different lists I'm subscribed to in my daily use
> mailbox).

Since I have a mailbox just for this list, I see no use for an RSS feed.
I can examine the mailbox whenever I get around to it, which is usually
about once a day.

Also, since I use FireFox to read the one RSS feed I get, I see only the
20 most recently posted items, so anything older than that disappear
from my RSS feed.

> What do you think?

  ^^-^^ 11:30:01 up 55 days, 11:50, 4 users, load average: 4.82, 4.65, 4.62