Invoices

Gour gour at gour-nitai.com
Thu Mar 18 06:40:57 EDT 2010

On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 00:20:44 +0100
>>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Dennis <cgdennis at btinternet.com> wrote:

Hi Chris,

new GNUcash user learning about accounting, Scheme and app itself.

So far, it looks as the best solution for my invoicing/accounting
needs...

Chris> >> Unfortunately GtkHTML doesn't really let you set fonts..   In
Chris> >> 2.4 we'll have a templatized Invoice available which should
Chris> >> help significantly.

I've tried to build 2.3.x trunk, but had several problems, so for now
I've to settle in attempt to tweak invoices with eguile & 2.2.9.

Chris> If you're willing to experiment a bit, you can try out the new
Chris> report system now.  See
Chris> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports_Using_Eguile which
Chris> is very much a work-in-progress still.  I'd welcome any feedback
Chris> on that page an d your experiences with it.

I see that 2.3.x brings several files:

eguile-gnc.scm
eguile-html-utilities.scm
eguile-utilities.scm

while the above wiki page speaks about eguile-gnc.scm only, so I
wonder if one can use all the above files to tweak invoices or you
recommend using eguile-gnc.scm referenced on the wiki page?

Chris> With pre-2.4 Gnucash, this will give some improvement in the
Chris> look of the invoice, but it still won't be using Webkit and CSS,
Chris> so choosing a font doesn't work.

Will 2.4 use Webkit & CSS?

btw, thank you for improving customization features in GNUCash!

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6