Opening File

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 21 11:34:09 EDT 2010

Thanks for your response.  I have been shutting down GnuCash with
File>Quit not the X before closing down the computer.  Based on your
earlier response I deleted the .gconf file and let it be regenerated
which of course lost all the preferences.  That seems to have solved the
problem.  As a secondary benefit, previously the majority of the time
the account detail would not be shown when opened from the chart of
accounts or when scrolling in the account.  That seems to be much
improved now so I guess the .gconf folder had been corrupted although I
don't know how.
Thinking back now I know the preferences were being saved when I closed
GnuCash and reopened it but I'm not sure they were saved when the
computer was shut down or hibernated.
  I learn something new every time a new problem come up.  It would be
helpful if there was a way to capture these troubleshooting solutions,
other than the e-mail archives, so they would be easy to find for others
in the future.
Mike