New Window

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Mar 23 16:15:52 EDT 2010

On Mar 23, 2010, at 9:51 AM, James Wilde wrote:

> Mac running 10.6.2, with Gnucash. 2.9.9
>
> The original subject line was Bug in New Window, but I'm not sure it's a bug.  Can some kind soul explain the function of New Window and New Window with Page for me.
>
> And at the same time, is there any way of having two sets of accounts open at the same time?  I would like to have a window showing my personal accounts and one for the joint accounts with my wife.  Can this be done?

New Window creates a new window which will have no open tabs, and New Window with Page creates a new window with the currently active notebook page moved over to it.

Do note that on OSX the application menu behavior is a bit weird when you have two windows open. Details in the Readme.

No, Gnucash doesn't support opening multiple account files at once.

Regards,
John Ralls