Report- show account total

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Fri Mar 26 14:52:54 EDT 2010

>How are you trying to save it?  What are you expecting?  You can
>export it to HTML, you can print it to a PDF.  What exactly do you
>mean by "save the report"?

I'm going to repeat that question because ......

1) It's how I save (specific) report). Export them to a "reports" folder
(directory).
2) It's the behavior I  would expect. Many of these reports are run once
(for some specific dates) and then kept forever. Would never be rerun.
So why would you want them kept in an "active" state within the application?

THEN --- the report data can be taken from report(s) in the folder where
the "raw" reports are kept and edited into whatever final form is
required. In the case of my organization, there is a great deal more to
the GAAP final versions than just the raw data and unreasonable to
expect to be doing that WITHIN GnuCash. Things like the "statement of
organizational accounting principles" that always goes along with a
"filed" report, the footnotes explaining any unusual items, etc.

Michael D Novack