Error parsing file C\gnucash\output\test2010 after create

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 27 15:53:50 EDT 2010

On 23 March 2010 19:57, RaPquest <genericem at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Thank you Derek.
>
> I don't understand: there is no file in the directory
> (C:\XPEdisk\gnucash\output\) that has a name indicative of the new file
> (register) I created. The directory contains only .log and  .xac files (are
> one of these the data file referenced?)

You said that saved the new file.  The save dialog allows you select a
name and directory.  Which folder did you save it in, and what did you
call it?  This is the file that you should try and open.

> I just tried deleting C:\XPEdisk\gnucash\output\test2010 (actually I
> moved/saved 'test2010' in another directory) but GC said there was an error
> because it couldn't find 'test2010' - but test2010 was only used several
> weeks ago in testing have done nothing with it since.

Given the fact that it seems to want to open the file test2010 for
unknown reasons, it is not then surprising that it gives that error,
since you have moved it away.

Colin L