How do I add extra principle to my Mortgage Payment **SOLVED**

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 29 11:19:12 EDT 2010

Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com> writes:

> I had no problems utilizing the resulting template. The transaction
> split properly and posted correctly.
>
> I think it still would be helpful to have the druid to allow for
> including a split for the additional principle at creation time,
> however.

Note that the SX functions do not properly compute the P/I splits if you
prepay principal.  That's why it's not in the druid, because then the
transactions will absolutely be incorrect.

The issue is the lack of an "AccountBalanceAsOfDate()" function in the
SX, and the inability to truely perform expression entry.  Ideally we'd
want the user to be able to enter an account for the
'balance-as-of-date' by name, but internally we should store the GUID.
Creating this entry interface would be a non-trivial amount of work.