Decreases in Expenses?

Jhonnatan Perkins jhonperkins at gmail.com
Sat May 1 03:29:08 EDT 2010

Hello all.

I was wondering, the expenses accounts EVER at all, have debits? All I know
and what seems natural to me is that they always tend to increase but never
decrease, since they are expenses that are long gone and you wont get
anything back.

So far I was doing something wrong and that was using an Expenses Account as
a "placeholder" for "penny adjusment", you know, when you shop for groceries
and they say the bill is 10.99 but they charge you 11. If viceversa (you are
the one who wins), then I was using the same Expenses Account, but now I
think I should move those transactions to some Income:Bonus:Penny_Adjustment
account.
Am I crazy?

Also on a related note, what is a fast way to copy or move transactions from
one account to other? Cant help myself on this one.

Thanks for your time.