OSX copy/paste

Axel Essbaum axel at essbaum.com
Mon May 3 15:04:02 EDT 2010

I am using GnuCash 2.2.9.4 (built from r17949M on 2009-09-08) under Snow Leopard (10.6.2).  I installed it by downloading a .dmg from Sourceforge via the "Download GnuCash 2.2.9 for OSX Intel" on the top-right of http://www.gnucash.org/.

The README says "Copying to the clipboard doesn't work in register pages; i.e., if you put a number in the wrong column and you want to cut it and paste it into a different one, it will cut fine but won't paste."

For me copy and paste don't work in GnuCash at all (cut does work, but not a subsequent paste).

I can highlight text in GnuCash with the mouse pointer but cannot put it into the clipboard via the Edit > Copy menu item or any keystrokes I've tried (cmd-c, ctrl-c, etc).  Anything in the clipboard (copied from a native Mac app) cannot be pasted into GnuCash via either the Edit > Paste menu item or any keystrokes I've tried (cmd-v, ctrl-v, etc.)

Does copy/paste work for anyone using the pre-built GnuCash I mention above?  What are my chances of getting copy/paste between GnuCash and native Mac apps if I rebuild GnuCash via Fink or MacPorts?  Barring that, can I donate some $ toward the GnuCash project and earmark it for OSX copy/paste?  ;-)

I duplicate a lot of text and serial numbers between GnuCash invoices and my notes in Textedit and retyping all of it is a hassle.

- Axel

--
Axel Essbaum
axel at essbaum.com