Using Reports

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Wed May 26 13:22:00 EDT 2010

On 25 May 2010 at 12:01, Derek Atkins said:

> Hi,
>
> felix.karpfen at gmail.com writes:
>
> > I note the entry in the GnuCash Help Manual under the heading "Reports
> > And Charts". It states:
> >
> > 'This section is a "work in process" all of the material has not been
> > reviewed for V2.0. While it may not be strictly accurate, it is at least
> > a "guide".'
> >
> > The Section then lists the following:
> >
> > # Transaction Report:
> >
> > # Welcome Sample Report
> >
> > # Custom Multicolumn Report: This report is used to place multiple
> > # reports
> > into a single report window to examine a set of financial information at
> > a glance.
> >
> > # Sample Graphs
> >
> > # Sample Report with Examples:
> >
> > I suspect that the above itemized list would answer many questions and
> > help me to use the "Report" options. But how do I get to the listed
> > items?
>
> I don't understand your question.  You get to the listed items through the
> Report menu in the application.  The documentation is incomplete as it
> stated at the beginning.

To be strictly accurate, only the "Custom Multicolumn Report", "Sample
Report with Examples" and "Transaction Report" appear on the menu (in
v2.2.9 on Windows).

There's a "Welcome to GnuCash" which may be the same as the above listed
"Welcome Sample Report", that shows up in the list offered for the Custom
Multicolumn Report, but I can't find it on the Report menu. Not that it's
all that useful as instruction material ...