reconcile workflow

Anthony Dardis adardis at gmail.com
Thu May 27 14:41:46 EDT 2010

I've just converted over from Quicken. There, Postpone (whatever its
equivalent is) means: suspend the
state of the reconciliation process.

I see GC has a different model. Do you typically rely
on its guesses about statement closing date and balance? Quicken's guesses
about closing date are typically incorrect (by a day or so) so I always
assume that the program guesses aren't going to be right, and hence was
surprised to find GC making new suggestions after I had changed them. (I
haven't fully investigated this, but I would have thought that the bank's
transaction dates aren't guaranteed to match the user's exactly, so GC's
guess about the closing balance might often be incorrect.)