reconcile workflow

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 14:58:19 EDT 2010

Generally, I set both most times. My bank statements move around a day or two or three most months, so I have to adjust that. And then, I usually have to change the ending balance because when I import check transactions from my bank, I have to readjust the register check date to match the actual date on the check (as opposed to when the bank processes the check), and GC doesn't apparently use the displayed date for this calculation (that might be something to change or fix...). Generally, though, this means that I only have to examine my written checks closely in the reconcile process.

HTH,
David