Reconcile problems continue

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu May 27 18:40:52 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Thu, May 27, 2010 5:47 pm, Jay Ridgley wrote:
> Folks,
>
>   I tried again to do a reconcile and the result was not as expected. All
> of the
> transactions involved had the correct status and the unreconciled amount
> exactly
> matched the total of my outstanding checks. Yet the Finish check mark
> remained
> grayed out. WHY?

What is the date on your bank statement?
What is the ending balance on your bank statement?
What ending date did you enter at the start of the reconciliation?
What ending balance did you enter at the start of reconcilation?

Most likely one of these is incorrect.

Secondary option:  you missed a transaction (failed to enter something).
In this case it would be something that appears on your statement but
isn't on your account.  Or the reverse -- you've got some transaction
selected for reconciliation that ISN'T on the statement (and also wasn't
on any other previous statements either).