Reconcile problems continue

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Thu May 27 20:02:27 EDT 2010

Derek & David,

I do not think that I have missed a transaction, because the open item total
agrees with the bank and with GnuCash. It also agrees with a spread sheet that I
have used for years to track expenditures, I balance my checkbook monthly.

If I mark all existing open items as cleared, then it is ok!

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 5:47 pm, Jay Ridgley wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>>   I tried again to do a reconcile and the result was not as expected. All
>> of the
>> transactions involved had the correct status and the unreconciled amount
>> exactly
>> matched the total of my outstanding checks. Yet the Finish check mark
>> remained
>> grayed out. WHY?
>
> What is the date on your bank statement?
   5/21/2010
> What is the ending balance on your bank statement?
   11,258.54
> What ending date did you enter at the start of the reconciliation?
   5/26/2010
> What ending balance did you enter at the start of reconcilation?
   4,726.96

--

Jay Ridgley
jridgley2 at austin.rr.com