Reconcile problems continue

FireFly fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 16:52:41 EDT 2010

--- On Thu, 5/27/10, Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com> wrote:
>  I tried again to do a reconcile and the result was not as
> expected. All of the transactions involved had the correct
> status and the unreconciled amount exactly matched the total
> of my outstanding checks. Yet the Finish check mark remained
> grayed out. WHY?

Finish will remain greyed until you correctly reconcile the account.

Reconciliation is (to my brain at least) relatively simple, I start with a balance (and that has to be right, because it was the last reconciled balance) I add all my credits, remove all my deposits, and should end up at the new balance.

Did you reconcile the checks?

You have (I presume) a statement from the bank/credit card that says what the credits and debits to the account were right?

- James Duerr

E-mail: FireFlys_98 at yahoo.com
Discover a lost art - play Marbles. May 2004
www.marillion.com